New Zealand Certificate in Tree Felling & Clearing Level 3 (non-production)
New Zealand Certificate in Tree Felling & Clearing Level 3 (non-production )
The purpose of this New Zealand Certificate is to provide people operating in roles outside of the forest industry (non-production) that involve the felling and clearing of trees, with the skills and knowledge required to carry out this work safely and effectively. Graduates of this qualification will be capable of planning and undertaking the felling and clearing of trees under limited supervision.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
– Use a chainsaw for basic operations and carry out basic maintenance.
– Safely fell a range of tree sizes, in a variety of conditions, using conventional felling cuts in a non-production situation.
– Plan and manage the safe felling or clearing of hazardous trees in a non-production tree felling situation.
-Graduates of this qualification will be able fell and clear trees as part of carrying out their primary role outside of the forest industry (non-production) and will be able to fell hazardous tress in addition to non-hazardous trees.
Please note: Harris Training Services requires the trainee of this qualification to be employed in a position that allows on job training and assessment. Trainees will be required to have access to a suitable training environment for the felling , clearing and hazardous tree aspect of the assessments this qualification includes.
Please enquire about signing up with Competenz to enrol on this training plan.
New Zealand Certificate in Tree Felling & Clearing Level 3 (non production)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules relating to chainsaw
NZQA Unit Standard: 6917
Credits: 8 @level 2
- Maintain a chainsaw
NZQA Unit Standard: 43
Credits: 10 @ level 3
- Demonstrate basic chainsaw operation
NZQA Unit Standard: 6916
Credits:5 @ level 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of tree felling
NZQA Unit Standard: 17763 Credits: 5 @ level 3
- Fell trees safely using a chainsaw
NZQA Unit Standard: 17766
Credits:10 @ level 3
- Fell and/or clear hazardous trees
NZQA Unit Standard: 28562
Credits: 15 @ level 3